Roasted Bacon Wrapped Cinnamon Apples: (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
These are a sneak peek at a wonderful recipe from my upcoming book: Gluten Free Brunch for Everyone! Enjoy!!
1 apple, preferably fuiji, skin left on- cored and cut into about 20 slices
4-5 slices of uncured nitrite free/gluten free bacon cut into 2-3 inch lengths
3-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Heat the oven to 350F.
2. Place a silicone sheet on a baking sheet.
3. Wrap the bacon lengths around the apples and place them down on the baking sheet.
4. Brush each apple slice with maple syrup.
5. Mix together the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. With a small spoon, sprinkle the coconut sugar over all of the apple slices.
7. Bake in the oven for about 20-minutes total. Turn the baking sheet around halfway through cooking (at the 10-minute mark)
8. Make sure to cool the apple slices before serving.
These make great appetizers and a great brunch side dish!! Enjoy!