For a long time I have had a favorite brownie recipe. I love brownies that are dark, dense and taste like fudge. However, I have some friends who are gluten free/dairy free. I wanted to create a recipe that they could enjoy as well.
I love experimenting in the kitchen! I always start with a recipe that I want to tweak. The recipe may come from a magazine, book or online. Even in this day and age I still love to clip out magazine recipes.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe that I clipped out of a food magazine many years ago. That magazine no longer exists, but the delicious recipes live on.
Here is my version of these amazing brownies:
Gluten Free Dairy Free Dark Chocolate Brownies:
1/2 cup coconut oil
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
2/3 cup all purpose gluten free flour mix
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Grease an 8x8 square baking pan with coconut oil. Set aside. Heat the oven to 350F.
2. Melt the coconut oil and the chopped chocolate in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
3. Set the mixture aside to cool.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, cocoa and salt.
5. When the chocolate mixture is cooled, mix in one egg at a time, until glossy. Then, mix in the maple syrup and the vanilla.
6. Mix in the dry ingredients until well-mixed. Pour into the greased baking pan. Use a spatula to smooth down the batter.
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until set.
8. Let cool before slicing into squares.
Enjoy your delicious brownies! Makes about 12.