The feeling of fall is in the air and that means cooler days, rain, beautiful leaves and best of all- pumpkin and spice!!! Yum!
I am so happy that real fall is finally here. Although I love sunny days, there is something really cozy about cooler days where we settle indoors, bake some delicious muffins and enjoy them with coffee or tea.
This is a very easy, quick recipe for pumpkin muffins that can be served as a breakfast treat or even as a dessert as they include a pretty glaze on top. You may omit the glaze for a plainer muffin, but I like the shine it gives to the top.
I hope that you enjoy these delicious muffins as much as I do!
If you love these, pass this recipe on to a friend who loves pumpkin, fall and cooler, cozy days to spend inside.
Oats and Honey Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 small muffins
2 1/2 cups oats
1 cup plain Greek yogurt (full fat) (or you may use a soy or coconut yogurt for dairy free muffins)
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 cup chocolate chips
*spray a 12 cup muffin tin with olive oil spray or vegetable oil spray. Sprinkle the muffin cups with a gluten free flour mix or a rice flour. Tap out the extra flour into the sink.
*Heat the oven to 400F
1. Add all of the ingredients except for the oats and the chocolate chips into a blender or food processor.
2. Add the oats 1/2 cup at a time and blend or process a little at a time into the batter is smooth.
3. Once the batter is smooth, scrape it out with a rubber spatula into a medium bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Portion the muffins into the muffin cups evenly.
5. Bake the muffins in a 400F oven for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
6. While the muffins are baking, prepare the glaze according to the recipe below.
7. While the muffins are still hot, brush the glaze on them with a pastry brush.
Let the muffins cool, and enjoy!!
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons whole milk (or milk substitute)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix powdered sugar, milk and vanilla in a medium bowl with a whisk until glaze is smooth and of desired consistency. Add a little more milk if the glaze is too thick. Glaze the muffins when they are hot out of the oven.